Saturday, 6 September 2008
By Popular Request.....
Scott here,... I have received a request to contribute to the blog. Don’t worry and think I have gone soft. I’m not writing about beautiful castles, wonderful country sides or foxes, I’m going to write about the pubs and golf. For those of you that have thought that England had a lot of pubs, I am here to tell you that you are correct. We have 10 pubs within a ½ mile of our house. Makes for an easy pub crawl!! And no that is not why we choose this house. The only other big difference between here and the Shamrock is price. For a pint of draught you pay approx. £3 (= $6). Very expensive, but good fun. One thing to consider if you are going to visit is that all pubs close at 11pm during the week and 12pm on weekends. Given that Brits start drinking at 11am that is plenty late. The golf courses are brilliant. The only drawback is that the Brits don’t take buggies (golf carts) they walk. To me the three words golf, walk and exercise should not be used in the same sentence. None the less the golf is great and I now have an excuse for my horrible play -tired legs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Guys,
Have you spotted the "La Princesse"(giant spider) yet??? It must be a sight....we know how much Michelle loves bugs!!!
Patti
good thing it wasn't a snake huh Michelle?
Hi Everyone,
Maybe Scott will take Mia on a tour of the Golf Courses.I'm sure he would love that.My big adventure will be the "Eye".
Love,
Mia
Just making sure you are okay after the Ryder cup.
It must have been tough at work and in the pubs being the only yank cheering for us!! Hope you had fun what a great weekend of golf!!! ( except for Phil)
I can't stop laughing thinking of Boo riding his club
like a horse)
Post a Comment