

We can't believe no one called to wish us a nice Bonfire Night?! Get with it would ya?!
If you recall, tonight was the night that Guy Fawkes (13 April 1570 – 31 January 1606) a member of the English Roman Catholic revolutionaries planned to carry out the Gunpowder Plot. As you know, he was not the lead figure in devising the actual plot, Fawkes was put in charge of executing the plan due to his military and explosives experience. Remember, the plot was foiled shortly before its intended completion, as Fawkes was captured while guarding the gunpowder on this dark night in November. Suspicion was aroused by his wearing of a coat, boots and spurs, as if he intended to leave very quickly in order to escape.
Bonfire Night is, of course, the commemorative night celebration held in Great Britain in which people have large bonfires and let off fireworks. It's really just another excuse to share a pint!
Your memory failed you, that's ok. I'm sure it's all come back to you now!!!
3 comments:
Happy Belated Bonfire Night...do they sell greetings cards too for this wonderful holiday?
THAT'S what I forgot . . . Sorry! Sounds like fun. (And how is it that no one knows how to trick-or-treat? It's really not very hard. Just stick out your hand and take candy!)
Emily
I love the sounds of Bonfire day....obviously things are pretty "red" down here. I guarantee I can get this thing to catch on - we can fry turkeys, shoot off fireworks and drink natty lights!
Michelle, great pic of the 3 of you by the way. You guys look great and very tan considering where you're living! Hugs to the girls, can't wait to see you guys at Xmas.
Post a Comment