Thursday, 22 January 2009

Chamber Tots at Wigmore Hall


I was really excited that we had tickets on Tuesday to visit Wigmore Hall. According to their website..."Wigmore Hall holds a unique place in London musical life and over the years has been an essential platform for the world's most sought-after soloists and chamber musicians." So off we went to see young performers from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama perform in the Auditorium followed by an workshop to include singing, playing percussion and a chance to meet the musicians and see their instruments close up.

As we sat in this amazingly beautiful Auditorium, I glanced over at Ava and she had her arms crossed and had a puss on her face. I asked her what was wrong and she said, with an attitude I might add, "So, I guess we are not going to be dancing"?! See, I mentioned to her that she would be able to dance, so she wasn't very interested in taking in the wonderful concert beforehand. Thankfully she perked up later when we were able to see the trumpets, trombone, tuba and french horn up close and personal. Her and Olivia loved putting their heads in the Tuba!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

(I deleted it because I misspelled "really," but didn't realize it in time.)

But it IS really hard not to comment! :-)

Emily