This is what I was feeling as the girls and I headed back from a morning at the Science Museum today. Let me begin by saying that we have been on our own for 7 days now (Scott been back in the US for work and to visit his Dad) and so the girls and I are a bit tired of each other:).
We had a very fun morning of playing and then lunch, but by 2pm the girls were exhausted, so we jumped on the 414 bus (they insist on knowing what number bus we are on!). Its about a 20 minute ride from South Kensington to Maida Vale through central London and no sooner do I glance at Olivia and turn away thinking to myself how good they are being despite being so tired, the bus turns the corner and Olivia ends up on the floor of the bus! She was sitting across from me and apparently had fallen asleep seconds after I turned away and just as the bus took the corner?! The gentlemen next to me helps me pick her up and she is dazed but thankfully not hurt.
Ok, so the journey continues and next thing I know Olivia (who is now on my lap) and Ava (who is sitting next to me) are asleep. We are about 5 minutes from our bus stop and I know the minute I wake them up its going to be a screaming mess. My mind is racing because even after I get off the bus we are about a 1/2 mile walk to our house and I don't have a stroller. I'm trying to stay calm until I notice that, out of the blue, it is pouring rain. Complete PANIC has set in and I begin to pray that I will find a cab. Panic quickly turns to proudness though because they woke up and managed to disembark with minimal tears, accepted a bribe of Scittles and walked home singing "rain rain go away..."!! Our girls are growing up!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That made me chuckle - We always laugh how Evan is the dictator of the house - and we get panic-y when we can't comply with his sleeping or eating wishes...I would have paid the drive to loop the block for another 30 mins!!
Post a Comment