Wednesday, 11 March 2009
Another First for us........
Its about 2:30 and the girls have just fallen asleep..afternoon naps are few and far between these days and so I am looking forward to nice cup of tea and a little rest myself. On the way to the kitchen to make my tea, I happen to glance out the window and what do I see....our car being loaded onto a flat bed truck. I scurry outside yelling "excuse me!!!" and the nice chap tells me that our road tax disc is 4 months overdue. This is the equivalent of the little sticker on your license plate. Apprently we had one that was only valid for 6 months and it expired in November. Wake the girls up 10 minutes into their nap, 1 hour taxi ride to a not so nice part of London, and nearly £300 in fees...and we have our car back. Impounded car...another first for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, they're tough. Why don't they just put a boot on the car? Well, at least you saw the car being taken ... and didn't come outside later and think it was stolen. Hope you're doing well.
Stacey
OH MAN!!! I had a pit in my stomach reading this..not b/c of the potential loss of the car, but for having to interupt a double nap!!! I might have let them take the car and then sent Brian to deal with the paperwork after...just to keep the nap going (haha!)
Post a Comment